- This event has passed.
Special Event! Our Annual Spring Work Weekend!
April 26 @ 7:00 AM - April 28 @ 1:00 PM
Planned projects and events this Spring Work Weekend include:
• Ballasting, lifting, lining and tamping the 1420+ feet of track built last fall on our Mountain Extension. We’ll have two steam trains shuttling ballast on flat cars between Alna Center and the Mountain Extension!
• Site preparation at Alna Center for our new pavilion.
• Ditching for conduit and drainage between the garage and restroom buildings at Sheepscot.
• Prepping for concrete forms for the utility drop building at Sheepscot.
• Sheathing the remaining interior walls that have been insulated in our Sheepscot shop building, as well as trimming out windows.
• General organizing and clean up of our Sheepscot shops.
• Improvements to our Sheepscot campus computer network and wifi.
• Train crew rules review meeting at dinner Saturday night.
• After dinner Saturday, a special presentation by the Massachusetts Bay Railroad Enthusiasts and Mr. Leigh Webb for the 2019 H. Albert Webb Memorial Preservation Award, in support of our work on our Mountain Extension. An evening train will then be run for our friends and volunteers!
Of course, everyone is welcome to stop by & see how the Sheepscot Valley Narrow Gauge is maintained and grows!
Work will start at 7 a.m. and end around 5 p.m. (or a bit earlier Sunday). Delicious lunches (Friday – Sunday) and dinners (Friday & Saturday) will be provided to volunteers by our Museum.