On Friday, January 25, 2019, the WW&F Railway Museum and the Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Company and Museum announced an unprecedented collaboration: the Narrow Gauge Railway Collection.
This exhibit is hosted at the WW&F Railway Museum. It includes several pieces of equipment owned by the Maine Narrow Gauge (MNG), which has invested in infrastructure expansion at the WW&F.
The Collection includes:
- Parlor Car Rangeley, the only two-foot gauge parlor car built in the United States, originally for the Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes RR in 1901. The car arrived at the WW&F July, 2019.
- SR & RL RR Combine 14, built 1903 as Franklin & Megantic RR #3. The coach arrived July, 2019.
- Bridgton & Saco River (B&SR) RR Coach 16 Mount Pleasant, built 1882. The coach arrived July, 2019.
- Monson RR Locomotive #3, a steam locomotive built 1913, and currently serviceable. The locomotive arrived January, 2019.
- B&SR RR Locomotive #8, a steam locomotive built 1924, not in service.
- B&SR RR Caboose 32, constructed 1882.
- B&SR RR Snowplow 2, built 1900.
- B&SR RR Tank Car 14, built 1903.
- SR & RL Coach 19, built 1890, and in need of restoration. The coach is being stored on-site at the WW&F for the time being. The coach arrived July, 2019.
The WW&F car barn is being expanded and improved in order to display these pieces of the Collection, and for certain archival displays.
The WW&F would also like to thank neighbor Maine Locomotive & Machine for their support and partnership in this Collaboration.