Wiscasset & Quebec Coach 3 was built in 1894 by the Jackson & Sharp Company of Wilmington, Delaware. It was renumbered to 10 for the WW&F reorganization. It was sold to the Bridgton & Saco River Railroad between 1909 and 1912 and becoming B&SR Coach 18, it survived scrapping to be bought by Ellis D. Atwood of South Carver, MA, for his cranberry bog railroad, which became the Edaville Railroad. At Edaville, it was renumbered back to 3, and for a time was painted in W&Q livery until the standard Edaville paint scheme was introduced. When the Edaville operation closed in 1992, the Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Company and Museum, in Portland, Maine acquired it, along with other Edaville property. Maine Narrow Gauge stored it inside their museum building, while volunteers there restored it to its old W&Q paint scheme.
In July of 1999, Maine Narrow Gauge and the WW&F Museum reached a long-term, open-ended lease agreement on Coach 3. On August 10, 1999, Coach 3 returned to home track after 90 years away. The coach was just in time to operate during the Annual Picnic that following weekend. It was a pleasant surprise to many members. Coach 3 has been called one of the finest cars in the ex-Edaville fleet.
In June 2010, The WW&F Museum and Maine Narrow Gauge reached a sale agreement. The WW&F purchased Coach 3 from Maine Narrow Gauge for $50,000 cash, thanks to a loan from an anonymous member. The 2010 Annual Picnic celebrated the recent purchase. The loan was paid off by the end of 2011.
Long-term plans for the car include rebuilding it and restoring it to past grandeur, with oil lamps and luggage racks. There’s currently no timetable for this work.
Below is a montage of the car during the years.