Since 1997, scores of volunteers from across the country and overseas have traveled to our Museum in late April and over Columbus Day weekend to work on now countless projects. This spring, we have several projects planned:
• Our big project! Ballasting, lifting, lining and tamping the 1420+ feet of main line track built by our volunteers on the Mountain Extension last fall! This work will keep us on track to open our Mountain Extension in 2021.
• Clearing trees at Alna Center in preparation for our new pavilion.
• Ditching for conduit and drainage between the garage and restroom buildings in Sheepscot.
• Prepping for concrete forms for the utility drop building at Sheepscot.
• Boarding the remaining interior Sheepscot shop building walls that have been insulated over the winter and early spring.
• Organization and clean up of our Sheepscot machine shop.
• Train crew rules review Saturday evening.
• and other projects are likely as well!
Of course, visitors are welcome to just watch & see how the Sheepscot Valley Narrow Gauge is maintained and grows!
Work will start at 7 a.m. and end around 5 p.m. each day (or a bit earlier Sunday). Delicious lunches (all three days) and dinners (Friday – Saturday) will be provided by our Museum.
We hope to see you April 26th through 28th!