For the past twenty years, scores of volunteers from across the country and overseas have travelled to our Museum in late April and over the Columbus Day weekend to work on many projects. This fall, we have the following projects planned:
• Extension of the Top of Mountain mill siding to tree line
• Lift, line and tamp the track from ToM to the recently completed culvert
• Construction of a retaining wall by the Humason Brook trestle
• Main Line track maintenance
• Sheepscot track work reconnecting the bays 2 and 3 shop tracks to the yard
• Percival house construction work
• Sheepscot woods track ballasting
• and several other projects as well!
Of course, visitors are welcome to just watch & see how our Sheepscot valley railroad is maintained and grows!
Please join us to celebrate our late friend and member Vic Hamburger during our memorial dedication Saturday at 5 p.m.
Work will start at 7 a.m. and end around 5 p.m. each day (or a bit earlier Monday). Delicious breakfasts (Saturday – Monday), lunches (all four days) and dinners (Friday – Sunday) will be provided by our Museum.
Steam-powered passenger trains will be operating Saturday and Sunday. This will be one of the last opportunities to ride our steam trains this year. Steam will be operating the following Saturday, October 14th, and then for our Victorian Christmas celebration December 16th and 23rd.
Please come help build and maintain our Museum!