Come help us build and maintain our Railroad!
Our Annual 3-Day Spring Work Weekend will be Friday through Sunday, April 28, 29 and 30. Work will start at 7 a.m. each day and end around 5 p.m. (or a bit earlier Sunday). Delicious lunches and dinners will be provided by the Museum!
Planned projects this spring include:
• Making the Top of Mountain extension serviceable for work movements, so work trains can reach the first culvert that needs replacement;
• Main line track maintenance;
• Coach #8 baggage door project;
• Sheepscot station platform repairs;
• B&SR boxcar #67 reconstruction;
• Humason trestle retaining wall;
• Top of Mountain mill siding;
• Start of a spur into the Maine Locomotive and Machine Works at Sheepscot Mills;
• And most likely other work as well to prepare our railroad for the coming summer season!
Of course, visitors are welcome to just watch & see how our Railroad is maintained and grows! With scores of volunteers working at both ends of the railroad, there will be plenty to see and do!