Come help us build and maintain our Railroad!
Our Annual 3-Day Spring Work Weekend will be Friday through Sunday, April 29, 30 and May 1. Work will start at 7 a.m. each day and end around 5 p.m. (or a bit earlier Sunday). Delicious lunches and dinners will be provided by the Museum!
Planned projects this spring include:
- Ballasting, lifting and lining our new track around the Car Barn.
- The start of track construction down the Mountain.
so we can reach the first culvert that needs replacement.
- Painting of our new Sheepscot Car Barn.
- Reconstruction work on Bridgton & Saco River Boxcar #67.
- And other work so our Museum can get ready for the 2016 season!
Of course, visitors are welcome to just watch & see how our Railroad is maintained and grows! With scores of volunteers working at both ends of the railroad, there will be plenty to see and do!