Since 1997, scores of volunteers from across the country and overseas have traveled to our Museum in late April and over the Columbus Day weekend to work on many projects. This fall, we have the following projects planned:
• Construction of 1200 to 1400 feet of main line track down the Mountain!
• Clearing land in Sheepscot for our parking lot expansion.
• Constructing a deck on the front of the Percival House
• Burying conduit from the Sheepscot shop building to the Percival House.
• and other projects are likely as well!
Of course, visitors are welcome to just watch & see how our Sheepscot valley railroad is maintained and grows!
Work will start at 7 a.m. and end around 5 p.m. each day (or a bit earlier Monday). Delicious lunches (all four days) and dinners (Friday – Sunday) will be provided by our Museum.
Steam-powered passenger trains will be operating Saturday and Sunday. This will be one of the last opportunities to see our steam trains this year. Steam will be operating for our Victorian Christmas celebration December 15th.
The weather forecast so far looks great for Columbus Day weekend. We hope you can come help build and maintain our Museum!